1. Distribution of Application Forms
Application forms can be obtained in one of the following ways:
- Download from the school website from November 25, 2023 to January 16, 2024
- In person: Forms can be obtained from the school from January 2, 2024 to January 16, 2024.
2. Period for application
- Application period: January 2, 2024 to January 16, 2024 inclusive.
- Please hand in the form personally to the school within the following school office hours.
Monday to Friday: 7:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
School Holiday (Not Public Holiday): 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday & Public Holiday: Closed
3. Items to submit
- Completed S1 Application Form issued by Pentecostal Lam Hon Kwong School and the attached acknowledgement slip. (Please write down the student name and student reference number (STRN) on the acknowledgement slip first.)
- Completed “Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place” issued by EDB
- Copy of the Primary Student Record Form issued by EDB
- Copy of the Primary 5 Final Examination and Primary 6 First Term Examination report cards
- Copy of awards and certificates
- 1 long, self-addressed (with the name and address of the applicant) and stamped ($2.2) envelope
- Copy of the applicant’s I.D. Card (just for checking purpose)
- For the convenience of school administration, please scan the QR code on the application form and fill in your personal information before submitting the application form.
4. Number of Discretionary School Places: 40
5. Points to note when submitting the application form
- Please staple the application form issued by Pentecostal Lam Hon Kwong School and other documents together. DO NOT hand in a plastic folder or CD/DVD.
- After submitting the application form, please keep the acknowledgement slip and the parent’s copy of the "Application Form for S1 Discretionary Place” bearing the school chop.
- Each student may apply to not more than two participating secondary schools listed in the Handbook for Application for Secondary 1 Discretionary Places, otherwise his/her chance of acquiring a discretionary place will be forfeited.
- Once the application form is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn or cancelled.
- It is NOT necessary for the applicant to submit any primary school Principal recommendation letter. Neither is the applicant required to list his/her class/form positions in the examinations in primary school.
- The information provided must be accurate and complete. Otherwise, applications will be delayed or rejected.
6. SSPA e-Platform
Besides, the EDB has implemented comprehensive digitalization of S1 admission by phases starting from 2023. For parents registered as SSPA e-Platform users and bound their account with “iAM Smart+”, apart from the paper Application Form, they may choose to submit DP applications via the SSPA e-Platform. For details, please refer to the EDB’s website and related documents in due course.
7. Admission criteria and weightings
|Academic performance in primary schools
|Rank order provided by EDB
|Applicant’s performance in the admission interview
|Conduct and attitudes
|Applicant’s performance in activities and awards
- All applicants will be invited for an interview.
- Date of interview: March 9, 2024 (Saturday). Details of the interview will be sent to applicants by post.
- Format of interview: individual interview conducted in both English and Chinese.
- Content of interview: Use of English, Chinese speech and questions on daily life.
9. Handling of personal information
The information collected in the application form and the QR code are for the purpose of applying for admission to Secondary One in this school only. We will submit the data collected to the EDB. None of this information will be disclosed to any other parties without your consent. Upon completion of the admission procedure, all the personal information collected will be destroyed.
10. Release of results
- Parents of successful Discretionary Places applicants will receive a written notification and a phone call about their children’s inclusion in the school’s Successful List for Discretionary Places on March 27, 2024.
- The results of Discretionary Places and Central Allocation will be released at the same time on July 9, 2024